Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Curse Those Cookies -- Rotterdam, Holland

Maud took good care of me on Tuesday. I was still wobbly from the cookie disaster, so we spent the day quietly mourning over Monday, eating old cheese and looking at windmills.

"Whenever I forget anything you've told me or anything we've done together, I'm just going to say, "that must have happened on Monday." 'Cos Monday fell into a black hole, or something. I have no idea what happened to that day."

"And I had so many things planned!" Maud moaned. "We were going to cut our hair and I was going to take you to the beach. You were going to try the raw herring and we were going to eat frikandel."

*sigh*

"Too many cookies."

*sigh*

"Too many cookies."




Looking at windmills is not normally considered a strenuous activity, but after half an hour of casually walking back and forth on land flatter than a European pancake, I was positively knackered.

Curse those cookies...

As I was useless and tired, we drove back to Maud's. I packed my bag for our roadtrip to Germany and considered the day good and finished.

Never. Again. Oof. No more missing Mondays. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might enjoy this http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

    ReplyDelete